It is pretty much the middle of September right now so there is something that I want you to get locked in your head right this second. You have just about 10 weeks left in this year from right now to build your practice.
Thanksgiving is only 10 weeks away and once that hits, it’s pretty much all she wrote for 2014. I AM NOT telling you that you can’t or won’t be profitable in December because I plan on having a great finish to this year and so should you. What I am saying is that the really productive marketing where you get your best ROI ends at Thanksgiving.
These next 10 weeks are prime time for building your practice. So where are you at with your marketing plan? What’s that? You don’t have one? I know you didn’t just say that. You have got to always be looking at your marketing calendar, not from a standpoint of today, but looking at it at least 8 weeks into the future. Which is to say that you should already know what you are doing just about up to the end of November.
If you don’t, you are already behind!!!! What are you waiting for? If you are like the majority of people in business and in our profession, you wait until the well has run dry and you haven’t had any business coming in and then you say to yourself, “shoot, I need to run an ad!” Too late!
Now you are in a tailspin and you just killed your headspace by letting your practice slow down. DON’T DO THAT!!!!
This is what you need to do:
- Look at your 12 month calendar and pick the dates that you will be advertising. At the very least, you should have something coming out every 2 weeks. (Sometimes when you get to the point where you are booked out at least a month you can advertise a little less, but not until then…comprendo?)
- Decide which conditions you will run and what type of ads they will be. (ie: will they be one step ads where the patient just comes right in for an exam or will they be workshop ads, or dinner workshops? Figure it out now.)
- Call your newspaper rep, Mudlick rep, internet ad rep, etc, TODAY and get the ball rolling. YOU DO NOT HAVE TIME TO WAIT!!!! The clock is ticking…TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK.
- Get your staff ready for the influx of new patients wanting to come in. Have your procedures ready. Make sure you have enough resources to handle the new patients. (ie: x-ray film, facepaper, gel for your NFB caps, rebuilders, etc.)
- Prepare your headspace daily for being ready to serve your community at the highest level. If you don’t know how to do that, start reading my other blogs, come to my seminars and start following Dr. Andy Barlow.
Seems simple right? Well, it is! And it blows my mind how many docs in our profession won’t set themselves up for success by doing this. You have 10 weeks left to finish this year strong. 10 weeks left to build the practice of your dreams in 2014. 10 weeks left to break your personal records.
Stop waiting. Get your final round of marketing for this year going today!!!!!!