NOT HAPPY WITH WHERE YOU’RE AT?
“There is no challenge more challenging than the challenge to improve yourself.”
Michael Staley – Author
Do you have the gnawing feeling sometimes that the success you have been so actively working toward is just beyond your grasp? Like it keeps eluding you? You feel like you are a hamster on a wheel, going to seminars, doing all the right things and just not quite getting to where you want to be?
If so, there is probably one very big problem that you are facing and that is this: You don’t have a clearly defined picture of what success means to you. I have been there and done that.
Sometimes we can be working so hard that we lose sight of what it is that we are really even trying to achieve.
Or worse yet, we didn’t even really know what we were after when we started. We just knew that we wanted to be a high achiever, saw what some friends and colleagues were doing and decided, “I’m just going to do that.”
The problem with that approach is that what lights another person on fire may not even put a spark into another person’s heart and soul. Creating a true burning desire within your soul is really the secret to success. For with that burning desire immediately comes the ability to relentlessly pursue the path necessary for success.
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
So, here is what you need to do:
- Carve out some time (at least an hour) where you can sit down by yourself and put down on paper what you believe success means to you.
- Include all of the trappings of life, starting with where you would like to see your business.
- Important things would be what type of practice you want to have, what type of care you would like to provide, how often you would like to take vacations, what your ideal hours and schedule would be like and what kind of profit margin you would like to see.
- Don’t forget to include why you are doing all of this and what you see as a dream life for you and your family.
- What kind of legacy do you want to leave?
- Make a vision board that clearly defines this vision of success.
- Include pictures of the things you are really trying to accomplish, inspirational quotes or items and words and phrases that remind you of what your definition of success is.
- Look at your vision board and feel the outcomes as you see it. Do this at least 3 times per day.
- Write down your idea of success at the start of every single day. This may take some time but it will catapult you to success.
- Do this daily and don’t miss a day.
Remember, when we are feeling stuck or feel like we are not happy with where we are at, it is because we really don’t know what we are moving toward. It is a gut-wrenching feeling to be working hard and getting nowhere. Define what success means to you, take daily action toward making it a reality and watch your life change.