IT’S HALFTIME – WHERE ARE YOUR GOALS?
Well, we just completed the first half of the year. Just as you would in a great sporting event, you need to take a little halftime to recoup, gather your thoughts, check your strategies, focus and get ready to start kicking some ass in the second half.
Consider this blog to be that proverbial halftime.
At the beginning of this year you probably had a list of goals that you wanted to accomplish in both your practice and your life. How is it going? Give yourself an honest assessment here…don’t fool yourself.
Are you really where you want to be? To be forthright, only about 5% of the people reading this could truly answer yes to that question. Are you one of them? If not, why aren’t you? What do you need to change?
Allow me to give you some direction.
Here are 5 things you MUST assess immediately:
- How is the strength of your staff right now? Are they an asset to your mission or are they a liability? If they are not a strength, why aren’t they? Is it a training issue or a personnel issue?
- How are your daily, weekly and monthly goal-setting habits and procedures? What’s that? You don’t have any? Better get hot and fast.
- What are your other daily habits like? Eating healthy? Exercising? Praying, meditating or spending time in silence? Affirmations and visualizing? Sleep habits? Too much TV? What are you doing?
- Do you have an effective, CONSTANT, marketing wheel going? If you don’t, just give up on your goals now. Seriously.
- Is your vision of what you want for your life strong enough to drive you to succeed on a daily basis? If your answers to numbers 1-4 suck, then the answer to this question is no. Go back and figure out what drives you. Create a vision that will burn in your soul.
For me, I am salivating at the thought of what the second half of this year will bring. My goal is to beat what I did in the first half of the year by 25%. Lofty? Maybe. But I assure you it is a goal that will drive me like a locomotive to achieve it.
How about you? I recommend you challenge yourself. Try and beat your first half of the year by 10, 20 or 30%…whatever number is right for you. Just add up whatever you brought in the first half of the year, add X% to it and go for that number in the second half.
That’s the easy part. The harder part of the equation is you MUST make your actions worthy of that goal. Go to bed and get up earlier. Watch less TV. Study more. Read more. Pray more. Write your daily goals, daily! Do what it takes to make it happen.
Quit looking out over the horizon waiting for the Calvary to come and save your ass. The Calvary ain’t coming! Save yourself. Be your own hero. Work hard enough to make it happen.
Yesterday is dead and gone.
Tomorrow is too far away.
The time is RIGHT NOW!!!