I have been working harder and harder at perfecting my practice.
Read that again. Do you see the problem? The problem is that obviously nothing will ever be perfect but you should be shooting for it.
In order for you to do that, you must have super crisp office procedures. One thing I have really been doing in 2015 is to act as if I know nothing about running an office.
Now, understand, I have been teaching docs how to do this for years and I teach seminars that revolve around this, but I want to act like I know nothing. Why? Because I want to always try and reinvent myself and ask how can it be done better?
The answer to “how can it be done better?” is twofold:
- You HAVE GOT to raise your standards. This means that you must raise the bar on what you are willing to accept both from yourself, your staff and your patients.
If you have been attracting lousy patients into your office lately, ask yourself how you have been living your life. Are you unhealthy? Are you out of shape? Do you eat like shit? Are you a procrastinator? Are you behind on your bills?
Do you get the picture? The time is NOW!! YOU MUST raise your standards!
- Take out a sheet of paper or open your computer. Take 5 minutes and I mean literally only 5 minutes to write down every area of your life where you have terrible standards or no standards.
- Spend a minute visualizing how bad this lack of standards is messing up your practice and your life until it pisses you off. You pissed? Good.
- Now, decide what the new standard will be. Easy as pie. You just made a choice that when followed with action will change your life.
- You HAVE GOT to do more training. I’m not talking about just studying. I’m talking about actually training yourself and your staff.
What do you train on? Well, that’s too much for me to teach in one blog post, but here are the basics.
- Get in a regular routine of working out, supplementing, and eating right. Get your body in good health!!
- Train your staff on your office procedures so that you are ready willing and able to deliver the best care possible.
- Put a weekly time in your schedule book that you and your staff will train on running a great office.
- Plan on doing a full ½ day training with your staff every quarter.
- Train your headspace. Read books, listen to audios and go to seminars where you will get lit on fire to accomplish all of your goals.
If you want to lead a magnificent life, the basic simple things I have written in this blog are non-negotiable. NON-NEGOTIABLE! Get busy.